Monday, January 30, 2012

24 Hour First Date

Have you ever had a 24 hour first date that you spent about 20 of them talking?? This was the first thing of many that Bruce and I found to be abnormal. Not once in those 24 hours did I ever look at my watch. It just flowed...easy!

OK...back to the initial meeting. We met at a Coffee Bean since I am a Coffee Bean Slut:) I got there first, but as I was texting him, he texted that he was there. I was very nervous to lay eyes on him. His pictures were amazing. His emails were amazing. His phone conversation was amazing. I REALLY wanted him to match all of this in person, but statistically, the odds were against me. I don't think I mentioned that Bruce is black. I have had many dates with man from other races; this is not a problem with me!! However, I can't deny that my family would have to get use to this characteristic in my man if I ever got serious about one. I have no doubt that they would accept him if he was the right guy, but they might have to process it for a minute...if you know what I mean...any Midwest readers out there? I remember the feeling I got when I saw Bruce. I liked what I saw ALOT, but more importantly, I got this feeling of relief...calmness...at peace. From the very first moment, he made me feel at home with being beside him.

Bruce told me to "not even think about it" when I tried to get my wallet out to pay. This sounds so trivial, but all I want is someone to pay for the first meeting. After that, I'm completely fine with splitting it, but I still believe that the guy should handle the first date. Conversation was wonderful! He did ask plenty of questions, and I was worried that I wasn't asking enough. However, I really don't know how I could have gotten in any more if I tried:) I've noticed on many first dates that as I'm answering or asking questions, I'm wondering in my head how the guy is perceiving me. This time I was hoping he was liking what he was hearing. A thought I have never had before!

After about an hour, Bruce asked if I was hungry. With a smile on my face because I didn't want the date to end either, I said yes. Then, he said the most amazing thing..."how about In N Out." A man after my own heart!!! Honestly, I still didn't know if he was interested or if he was just hungry. It wasn't until he hip checked me at the register while we were ordering that I realized that he was flirting:) Bruce worked for his apartment complex, and he had to work later that evening, so he invited me back for a game of rummy. Rummy is the reason I responded to his email in the first place. Of course the situation I had with the guy that only had two mattresses ran through my mind. My gut told me that there was nothing to be afraid of...plus, I had already told Bruce that story in our phone conversation. I agreed, and we started walking back to our cars. This is when I noticed that he was a gentleman! He HAD to walk on the outside and open my car door for me (the first time of many).

The rest of the night was amazing! We played rummy, which I kicked his butt at!! I walked with him on his rounds. We ordered pizza. This whole time conversation was never at a stand still, and I never held back. I always said exactly what was on my mind and didn't think twice while doing it. Before I knew it, it was 4am, and my eyes were getting heavy. This is when Bruce did a very gutsy thing...he pulled his mattress out in the living room. He knew the mattress story, and he still brought it out. Plus, at this point, we hadn't touched. Even after that, I never felt like Bruce was going to try anything, and I was correct. He was a complete gentleman!! We ended up talking even more before we got a few hours sleep. When we woke up, he took me to breakfast. Throughout the meal, there were many comments made about the length of our "abnormal" first date:)

It was perfect! I wouldn't have changed anything about our first meeting! It was one of those times that you just can't stop thinking about the other person!! Its that feeling that we all wish for!!

Stay tuned!!!!
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment