Sunday, January 8, 2012

Buying a New Car

About six months ago, I started my search for a new car. My first car was the first thing I ever bought with my own hard earned money, and she held a very special place in my heart. She wasn't the most fashionable vehicle, but she made me feel safe. Being a 1997 Chevy Lumina, she was referred to as a "grandma car" very often. As I started looking and researching, I realized that brand names or colors didn't matter to me. Of course money was a concern, but I know I would have figured out a payment plan on any kind of car. What I discovered was that I wanted my new vehicle to be unique!!! It had to stand apart from the average piece of metal on four wheels. I'm not talking about being the prettiest or coolest, but just having that little something that makes people want to know more. I came to the conclusion that this is what I want in my man!!!!!!!! I want them to be uniquely special in some way....any way!!!!

As I look back on the men that have made it past the first date, the only thing that stands out in my mind was the way they peaced out:) So...I decided to keep an open mind. I reactivated my profile on Plenty of Fish, and just started talking! I didn't look at distance, height, race, occupation, etc. Physical attraction still has to be there, so I looked at pictures and read profiles. One man started to jump off the screen. Bruce emailed me first with a subject line of "pick me." I went to his profile before reading his message. I remembered seeing Bruce's profile months before but never contacting him. He was VERY attractive...maybe to the point of being too good looking. Most man that look like that act a certain way, and I normally steer clear of them. However, I was keeping an open mind! There were multiple things in his profile that intrigued me. First, he quoted an animated film that I love, and asked to see if anyone could name it. Then, he stated that he enjoyed play Rummy and Speed. Growing up, I played Rummy every weekend with my grandparents! Finally, it stated that he didn't drink. I'm not going to lie; it would be wonderful if the man I was with knew how to function without alcohol! I messaged him back, and we started conversing. Soon after, we exchanged phone numbers. Of course texting came first and then a phone call. Through this week of initial conversation, I realized that he had dealt with alot of the same things regarding online dating. He asked several questions that hardly ever pop into my head. For example, are you married? My first response is "OF COURSE NOT." Then, I thought about it, and many people do online dating behind their spouse's back. Crazy, but true; I still can't wrap my brain around that idea!! Then there is the "you don't have kids?" for the third time. Bruce had to tell me a story about this lady that stated online that she had no kids, but then when he asked her in person, she said yes, a fifteen year old. Some girls might think Bruce was asking too many questions all at once. However, I took it as he had been burned before, and he didn't want to waste his time on people that didn't care to tell the truth about who they were! Plus, he didn't do it in an offensive way.

To say the very least, I wanted to learn more about this man! We did have some distance between us, but we planned on meeting in the middle. I have to admit that I can't even remember how many men are great on the phone and on screen, but don't even come close in person. Bruce was amazing on the screen and on the phone, so I was nervous as I was driving to meet him. I was prepping myself for the worst, so anything would feel like a success:)

Since this is the worst possible time to stop writing that is exactly what I am going to do;) Stay tuned to see if Bruce was just as great in person or not????

xoxo
Kiki

PS I bought a Nissan Cube!!

No comments:

Post a Comment