Monday, February 18, 2013

I Don't Think I Want to Give Him a Name

I’ve been staring at my computer screen for at least ten minutes trying to figure out how I want to start this. I don’t want to jinx the past three weeks, but then I know if it's meant to be, it will be. Plus, I want this man to stand out in the way I write about him because I know I’m in unfamiliar territory with him. Well…here goes…. I have decided not to give him a name. I’m not sure if this is to set him apart from all the others or because no name besides his real name suits him. I have known him for about a year now. However, I have to admit that when I first met him I never thought of him in this light. There are two reasons for this. First, I was so deep into Bruce and making it work, no male was making an impression. Second, I thought he was out of my league, and there was no way he would be interested in someone like me. I remember an instance where a friend made a comment about how attractive he was, and I stopped and looked at him. I remember thinking “he is gorgeous, but every girl that sees him thinks the same thing.” During the first eight months I knew him, we talked, but nothing that stood out at the moment. For the next few months, he went away on business. I remember saying goodbye and telling him to have an amazing trip. Again, nothing out of the ordinary in my mind. The new year rolled around, and I was in a different frame of mind. I felt like I had my life back!! The first time I saw him when he got back in town, I genuinely was excited, and I gave him the biggest hug! It was completely natural, and I never thought twice about my actions. During this night, he asked me why he didn’t have my number, and I quickly responded with “because you never asked for it.” It was that moment when my gut told me that this man was going to be apart of my life in some way. I know nothing about his profession, but I do know that I love the way he beams from head to toe when he is doing it! Watching him can give me the definition of pure joy. Finally, a man with passion!! Stay tuned….there is more to come! Kiki PS We did exchange numbers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment