Friday, November 29, 2013

The Perfect Thanksgiving

Yesterday marked the 5th year that I hosted "Orphan Thanksgiving." You might ask what is Orphan Thanksgiving? I open my doors to anyone that doesn't have a place to go! I get a chance to cook for a big group of people, and we always have a great time. Through the years people have come and gone, but there are a few people that come every year. The past four years, I have found it amazing that during the day my apartment is full of bodies, voices, food, and drink, but I have went to bed feeling so alone. The first two years situations at the end of the evening happened that made me feel like I was back in high school. The third year, I cooked all alone, and when it was over, I cleaned all alone and went to bed alone. Last year, the guy I was seeing didn't have plans, but wouldn't come anyway. When I went to bed Wednesday night, I realized that I was nervous. It took me awhile to figure out way. Besides the normal cooking worries, I really wanted No Name Man to show up! I knew his plans were up in the air, and he does have family out here. It was a PERFECT day!!! Throughout the entire prep time my best friends were by my side! Throughout the evening 14 people came and ate:) At the end of the night, No Name Man walked through my door, and I felt my heart smile! The last of us sat around my new kitchen table and talked about anything and everything. Then, after the last person walked out my door, No Name Man and I snuggled up on the couch to let Kevin Hart make us laugh. To end a perfect day, I fell asleep in the best arms in the world. I need to let myself love him because that is what I deserve!!! xoxo Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment