Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Creating the Profile: 30 minutes...I think NOT!!

About 2 weeks ago, one of my girlfriends finally convinced me to sign up. Trust me, it wasn't an easy task! Words alone didn't get her point across. She had to introduce me to her new boyfriend, which she met on match. He was a complete gentlemen, and it finally hit me that maybe I SHOULD give it a try!!! Obviously, my way wasn't working. I have been single for about a year and a half now. The first six months I didn't want anything to do with the opposite sex! I needed that time to figure out who I was and why I let things get soooo bad. Then, I couldn't have asked for a better rebound guy!! For fun, lets call him "Bo." Bo treated me like a princess, and he gave me faith in men again! We helped each other out...I was his rebound as well! However, after two months, we realized we had met each other at the wrong time, and we moved on!! After that, no guy really stood out!! I feel like my heart has healed, and I'm ready to get back on the dating boat...instead of the "Kiki boat" (which consists of no boys and no alcohol...haha).

Well, I sat down to make my profile!! I thought...this will take 30 minutes max! About 2 hours later, I was able to view other profiles...haha! I guess its good that it's so in depth. That way guys get a feel for what kind of person I truly am. For anyone that is thinking about going on Match, my one word of advice is write your profile by completely being yourself. When I started, I found myself thinking..."what sounds the best?" I stopped...put on my PJs...and wrote from my gut!!! My profile is ME...not what I want people to see of me, but the true ME! Even when I was done, I was still having doubts about putting myself out there. Then...the very first profile I was reading made it clear that i was doing the right thing! In my profile I had written a comment about wanting a man that stood beside me, not in front or behind me. This first guy had written the same thing...word for word!! I know its a common saying and all, but what are the chances of the very first profile I view to have it? (Plus, I haven't seen it since!) I believe in signs, and this was one of them!

My first search was for men that were 25-35 years old and within a 15 mile radius from me. Well, 2000+ men popped up...haha! So I narrowed it down to no smoker, never been married, and no kids...it went down to 1700+ men. That first night I got through the first 5 pages...I was completely overwhelmed! I did manage to wink at 5 guys though;) I look at winking as the passive aggressive way of saying you are interested. I love "the wink" since I am passive aggressive!!!

Well, that's it for tonight!! Stay tuned!!

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment