Monday, April 26, 2010

Reasons for the beginning

Hello all...

My name is Kiki, and after several days of contemplating, I have decided to let all of you in on my adventures of finding "Mr. Right." About two weeks ago, I signed up for Match.com...and yes I've gotten the "why???...a girl like you shouldn't have any problems finding a man." Well, here is where I'm coming from.... I'm a woman in my late 20s that is looking for a relationship, not a fling. I am a bartender/dance teacher. This means I get hit on by multiple drunks a night or divorced fathers that are bringing their 3 year old daughters to dance class. Neither I am very fond of :( Then, there's the fact that I have gotten my heart broken before, which means I have high standards. I believe everyone needs to get their heart ripped out at least once in order to figure out who they are, what they deserve, what they want, what they can and cannot tolerate...and the list can go on and on! Then, the icing on the cake is that my parents completely screwed me up when it comes to relationships. I grew up in the Midwest with the greatest family in the world! My parents will be celebrating their 35th Wedding Anniversary in October!! I want that!!! I want the promise that "the one" I pick will love and be there for me as long as I live. I know times have changed, but I truly believe it can still happen. I think my faith in true love helps keep me sane...that or all those chick flicks I watch :)

Through this blog I want to tell my story. I know everyone can relate...from the excitement of love to the heartache of rejection. Of course, I want to share my funny dating stories, but I also want to show you the emotional side as well. Women...I want you to see that you are not alone. We have all experienced the emotions that come with finding Mr. Right. Men...I want you to learn about our brains, hearts, and souls. It could just help you find Mrs. Right!!!

Well...now that you know why I'm doing this, stay tuned for the process!!

Night everyone!

1 comment: