Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Maybe The Best Things In Life Are FREE

I don't even know where to start...I just keep typing and then deleting, and typing and then deleting. I know I should have written about my first date off of Plenty of Fish the day after the date. That way it would have been fresh, and I could have captured how I truly felt. Unfortunately, I got all caught up in all the emotions, and now, I am in a completely different place. I am going to try my best though to describe how this man made me feel.

To tell the truth, when I agreed to meet this gentleman, the one and only reason I wanted to date again was for this blog. I needed new material because I was tired of writing about Alan...and I knew people were tired of reading about him! I can honestly say that I wasn't hoping for anything. The day before our date Shane started to text me with the normal when and where questions about our upcoming encounter. It turns out that both Shane and I are dancers, and we both teach children! Plus, he also knows how to dial a phone, which is amazing these days!! There was one thing that rubbed me the wrong way though. He put extreme importance on my appearance; he wanted to know how long ago my pictures were taken. At first, I was annoyed. There is so much more to me than my looks! I mean yes I can look pretty good in my head and body shots, but that isn't the REAL me. The real me is sweat pants, cut off T-shirt, ponytail, and no makeup....not the girl in a leopard dress and hair extentions! Then, I stopped and remembered how many dates I have been on that the guy looked nothing like his pictures. I decided to brush it off and give him a chance in person. Plus, he was actually trying, which was refreshing and a nice change of pace from what I have been use to with Alan.

However, all the talk about appearance actually made me worried about not meeting his standards. I know its foolish, but lately I haven't been feeling that good looking if you know what I mean. We decided to meet at a little dive bar that is an excellent place to talk because it isn't that loud. The first thing out of his mouth when we met was "you look seven times better than your pictures." It totally made me feel at ease! I don't even remember all the things we had in common. In a way, it was scary! Shane is the male version of me!!! We both come from a good family, and we are very close with them. We both are in the dance world, and love to teach kids!! We both want to get married and have kids one day. The list could go on forever... There was never a down moment in the conversation, and I never once thought about what else I could be doing other than talking to him!!! After about three hours, he asked if I wanted to go some place else. All I knew was I didn't want the night to end. Shane invited me back to his place, and the first thing that flashed into my mind was Butch and his apartment that consisted of two mattresses. My gut said this would be different though, so I agreed knowing that I have the ability to get out of sticky situations. When I got there, he came out to get me like a gentleman!! As he was opening his door, he closed it real quick and said he had to tell me something first. At this point my heart was racing and I was shitting in my pants...all I could think was "how many girls do you have tied up in there?" Shane's response was that his Christmas tree was still up. I huge sigh of relief came flowing out of me...I can handle a Xmas tree!!! He was a complete gentleman; he made sure I was comfortable. Then, the best part of the night was when he asked me if I needed anything, which I said I was fine. He proceeded to get ice cream anyway...he knew how to get to my heart without asking!!! After we watched a movie, there was a little kissing; I'm not going to lie (which is very unlike Miss Kiki, but it felt right). We then proceeded to have a very open conversation about what we wanted from a mate, and I found myself able to tell him exactly how I felt. It almost seemed real! Shane and I fell asleep in each others' arms, and in the early morning, he kissed me goodbye. Shane asked if we could see each other again, and I said "of course!" All the way home, all I could think was that maybe the best things in life are free! Plus, I have been trying to find a guy that isn't in my field of expertise at all...maybe finding someone that is just like me is the key. About five minutes after I walked in my door, Shane text to make sure I got home safely, and he told me what a great time he had! Overall, it was a perfect first date. I don't think it could have been any better!!

Now, you have to wait until the next entry to know why my feelings have rotated 180 degrees:( There are so many questions running through my head right now...don't worry the next entry will be soon, I have a lot to get off my chest!!

xoxo,
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment