Friday, July 8, 2011

Long Time No Talk

Sorry that it has been awhile since my last posting, but my life has been a little crazy. It’s a good crazy, but still crazy nonetheless. I’m actually in the airport on my way home for vacation. This is the first time I’ve had a chance to even think about writing.

Anyway, I’m a couple men behind, so bear with me. I hope I can remember all the juicy details☺ Here goes…Jessie approached me on Plenty of Fish. He was one of those profiles that didn’t stand out, but seemed like a good guy. Attractive, but without the WOW factor. However, the WOW could happen in person instead of on the screen, so that doesn’t matter one bit! At the beginning of the week, we made plans to meet on Friday evening for coffee. Jessie got extra points for two things. First, he called…yes called…the night before. The texting thing is getting out of control, but he had the guts to actually talk to me! Plus, he was willing to drive to me! Things were looking good until the day of the date. I didn’t really want to go. I just wasn’t into it, but I would never stand someone up for no reason. My gut was telling me to save my time and energy.

It started with Jessie getting stuck in traffic for about an hour, so I walked around stores that I didn’t need to be in☹ We had decided to meet at Coffee Bean because I had told him how much I like it. However, when we finally met, he wanted to go to a different coffee shop. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a snooty girl, but I just found it interesting that he wanted to veto all my research on a location right when he first met me. Plus, the best part was his outfit. Jessie was wearing jeans and a t-shirt…totally fine. However, he had a flannel shirt tied around his waist and bandannas wrapped around his arms. At first I didn’t know what he was trying to pull off, but then he stated that he was a painter. All the fog in my brain lifted!!

I have to say that he knows how to treat a lady (besides the whole location thing). He opened doors, made it perfectly clear he was paying, and walked me to my car. Jessie was just way to intense for me. In a way, I believe that my story wasn’t dramatic enough for him. He went on and on about how hard it was for him when he first moved to LA. He even went to the point of eating Ramen for a month…haha! I totally get it, but I also believe that if one focuses they can get through anything! I don’t know, maybe my face actually showed what was going on in my brain…I have to watch out for this sometimes;) At the end of the date, it was one of those awkward good byes that we both knew that we weren’t going to call each other.

It’s weird, but these types of dates give me a feeling on contentment. I mean I’m trying, and I’m putting myself out there, but I know that it isn’t right. I guess its contentment in me knowing myself. A contentment of knowing that I will be fine no matter if I find “him” or not.

Xoxo,
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment