Thursday, July 15, 2010

Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number

I have heard this saying so many times that I have quit counting. Usually it was used when referring to men that were older than me…and I was usually saying it to friends that were dating people extremely older then them. However, within the last year, I have been directing this phrase toward younger men. My last date marks the second 25 year old that I have met that has been way more mature than all the older men I have dated…put together! I’m not sure if this is a dig on me, or just proof that it comes down to the individual. It’s equally likely to meet an extremely mature 25 year old, as it is to meet a completely immature 45 year old. Plus, we are talking about LA. The city where it is ok to not grow up.
A couple of days ago, I went on my first date since I’ve been back from vacation. Patrick emailed me when I was gone, but I emailed him right back once I got home. Through emails he seemed like a great guy. The only thing I was worried about was his age. For the most part, men do mature later than women (sorry but true), so I have been trying to look more at men in there thirties. Even though I am 28, I’m finding it hard for me! I think it has something to do with me feeling like I’m still 22. I know I have a young heart even though I have always acted very mature for my age. Plus, I want to grow old with my partner! I’ve always felt that the worst thing in the world would be to actually find the love of my life and then become a widow. Maybe this is because it’s taking me some time to find him...haha! Anyway, Patrick put effort into meeting me, which I am finding to be a “turn on.” In his last email, he warned me that he was freakishly tall and very charming. Just from that statement, I knew he was at least going to make me laugh. Then, when we were texting about the details, he asked me to where a sombrero, so he would know it was me. I realized then and there that I truly miss the laugh factor! Even though Ben had many faults, he could make me laugh, and I had forgotten how much I loved that part of him! I met Patrick at a nice, casual place for a drink and conversation. I have to say that this was my best date since Bucky, and since Bucky turned out to be gay, this one took the lead! Patrick was right when he warned me he was charming. And…he made me laugh…repeatedly! He presented himself wonderfully. He was confident, but not cocky. He was present, which I’m finding to be very rare these days…lol! As for first impressions, I remember liking what I saw, but not being afraid to be myself. When a guy is extremely hot, two things happen to me. I don’t trust him, which leads me to being uncomfortable. This makes me act fake, which doesn’t help with what he is thinking about me! Even though I didn’t get a flutter, Patrick made me feel completely content while I was with him. Ever since my very first boyfriend, I have been searching for this “content” feeling. I believe the “content” feeling is what everyone should be looking for…not the flutter!! The flutter can get you into trouble!!

I left the date feeling good, but not head over heels in love. I didn’t really think too much of it until today when I was getting all torn up that he hadn’t contacted me. I have been so use to going on a date, writing about it, and then filing it away that I actually had to stop and figure out why I was upset. I think I like this guy…yup, that was it! Yes, the big news is that Kiki Roberts actually wants a second date. Plus, the kicker is that I lost his number because my phone malfunctioned. I have a brand new phone with nobody by the name of Patrick in the contacts☹ Well, I guess if I gave him the feeling of contentment, my wish will come true.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Xoxo,
Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment