Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An Actual Date

Long story short, we set up an actual date about a week after the cookie theory was understood. The night was pretty lovely all around:) We went to eat at one of both of our favorite restaurants. I love being one on one with this man. I get to know the real man, not the public image that he portrays. He is funny yet insightful. He genuinely wants to know more about my life, and he also is telling me about his (which I know should be normal, but isn't with me). He makes me comfortable, which lets me be nothing more than myself. On top of all of this, he still gives me the flutter!!! Just the feeling of his hand makes my heart skip a beat. Dinner was amazing. He tried to teach me how to use chop sticks which was pure comedy in itself. About half way through dinner, he asked me when I noticed him. Remember, we have known each other for about a year now, but only started dating at the end of January. The first thing that ran through my mind was that maybe he did look at me the way I was looking at him. No guy asks that question when he is just playing a girl. Then, I realized that I didn't really know how to answer. I don't remember! It was a gradual progression of getting to know him at work, but I wasn't on the market. I wasn't looking at other men besides Bruce at the time. I remember talking about how attractive he was with a friend, but that every other women felt the same way:( (And I left it at that) I also remember that the last time I saw him before he went away on business, I felt sad that he was leaving, but I didn't understand why. I just brushed it off. When he came back though, I remember the feeling I got when I first saw him! I think that was the biggest hug I have ever given. I asked him when he first noticed me, but he said that he wasn't telling. He said it would give me too much satisfaction, so I'm assuming way before I noticed him:) After dinner, we decided to drop by this big birthday party of one of his friends. I thought it was great that he didn't double guess being seen with me. He did great...held my hand walking to the party and introduced me to everyone we talked to. I can sense that he is used to flying solo at events, but he was trying. To top the night off, when we got home, he helped take my boots off!!!!!!! (My girlfriends and I have a running joke that boyfriends are only needed to help take your boots off at the end of a night out;) I wish we could have perfect nights that this all the time! xoxo Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment