Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The First Date

I had my first date four days after I signed up. After emailing this gentleman several times, he got enough nerve to ask if I wanted to meet face to face. This first date gentleman is going to be named "Bucky." Bucky started to ramble when he asked me out, which made him seem even cuter to me. He made sure that I could pick the meeting place, and that it could be well lit! Bucky told me that his sister did match for awhile, so he knew that it could be scary for females. I chose to meet at a diner at 9:30pm. I felt comfortable in this diner, but I wasn't a regular by any means.

Of course I arrive first, but Bucky text to tell me he was on his way and that he was nervous...haha! Then, the best thing happened!! A man walked into the diner looking for someone. He was about the right height, and he had a hat on, so I couldn't see his hair. When he saw me, he smiled and walked over. At this point, I'm just assuming it's Bucky. We hugged, said our hellos and sat down. Then, he said "I'm Alex." HAHA....I was like...I'm waiting for a Bucky! We both started busting up laughing. However, it helped me chill out cause i felt like it was my practice round:)

When Bucky actually walked in the door, I liked what I saw! He just looked the part...I've always had a picture in my head of the type of guy I will end up with, and he was a dead ringer! We hugged and sat down. Conversation NEVER stopped!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better first date!! We had sooo much in common! We both grew up in the Midwest and have very similar families. We just understood where the other was coming from...in a way, it was weird how much we clicked. At one point in the conversation, he finished my thought with a phrase that I use! He called this project I've been working on "my baby." I just stopped talking and looked at him in amazement. Well...six hours later, the staff of the diner ended up kicking us out! Bucky walked me to my car, asked if he could see me again (which I said "of course"), hugged me, and said "good night." The whole drive home I was beaming!!! All I could think was how cool would it be if I found him on my first date?!?!? Before I even got to my door, he text me to make sure I got home ok!! We exchanged a few messages about how much fun we had and said good night again.

Is Bucky "the one"...stay tuned to find out!!

Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment