Sunday, March 3, 2013

The First Date

I couldn't meet him on the night he asked, so I grew some balls and asked him to dinner a few days later. He quickly agreed, and we met at Umami for burgers. It doesn't matter how many times I do it, but walking into a first day is probably the most nerve wrecking thing I have ever done! Think about it, you are walking into a situation where you want to look your very best, but you have no idea where the other person will be, and you don't want to look dumb trying to find him. Then, the worse possible things are going through your head. I could trip and fall on my face. I could walk right by him. As I'm driving there, I just keep repeating in my head "he is just a person." I felt like I was going to throw up! I park and walk in. To my relief, he is not there!! He stands out in a ground, so I was 100% sure I didn't miss him. I find a spot at the bar, and I proceed to text him. I figure two people shouldn't have to go through the nervous "walk in." The moment he arrived, I started to breathe. He makes it easy to be with him. Its light and fun! Never a dull moment in the conversation. A couple of hours into the date, he put his hand on my leg, and I remember it feeling normal. Then, a guy at the bar came over and started talking to us. Because of my date's career, people tend to recognize him. Well, this guy took about thirty minutes trying to figure how he knew him. The whole time my date was very polite, but never gave it up. There was no cockiness about his actions, and he made it all about the guy instead. During this conversation, the guy asked how long we had been dating, and I responded with "two hours." He also said that we made a good couple; this entire time, I was wishing he would go away...haha! After we reached hour four, we decided to call it a night. He walked me to my car, and to our surprise, he had parked right in front of me. He invited me to his work on that Saturday, and I told him I would try. Then, the best first kiss I have ever had happened! There was butterflies and brain freeze! It was one of those that you don't ever want to end. I tried to walk away all composed; pretty sure it didn't appear that way. Then, to top it off, he text to make sure I got home ok. It was the best first date I have ever been on. Now the challenge is to see if this amazingness can keep going?!?! Stay tuned! xoxo Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment